Search our Jobs
Bookkeeper - Part Time
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
Bookkeeper – Part Time
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Accounts Assistants or Bookkeeper with some good commercial experience over the last few years who is looking for a permanent part time position for our client based in Chesterfield who are a market leader in stocking and distributing refractory products. The position will be 20 hours a week covering 4 hours a day over five days.
The role will involve working closely with the Management Accountant to assist them in producing monthly management accounts for the directors along with helping with the maintenance of the sales ledger, purchase ledger and cashbook.
Within the position the successful candidate shall be assisting in month end closure of the above ledgers including bank reconciliation and preparing journals for the management accounts. The role will also require the post holder to assist in the production of annual accounts and working schedules for the auditors. You will also be assisting with the credit control process.
Responsibilities / Skills required:
- A good working knowledge of Sales, purchase and nominal ledger, importing and cashbook essential.
- Knowledge of debt and credit control systems is vital.
- Experience of Importing and Exporting.
- Strong Excel knowledge and good understanding of other Microsoft Office products.
- Ideally proficient at using Pegasus Opera software (not essential but would be to the applicant’s advantage).
- Logistics handling / experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Professional and warm telephone manner.
- A person who can cope with multitasking and able to work flexibly between different departments.
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper looking for a part time permanent position with a leading organisation.
Salary / Benefits:
The salary will be in the range of £11,500- £12,500 per annum for 20 hours per week
Please send your CV to Mark Chaumeton of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Based in Chesterfield